BLC Attorneys offers a unique and specialised service in all aspects of liquor licenses having assisted with the attainment of Liquor Licences for businesses in Port Elizabeth.
These services include:
- On-consumption liquor licenses (liquor sold may only be consumed on the premise and may not be removed from the premises) and
- Off- consumption liquor licenses ( liquor sold may not be consumed on the premises).
In addition, BLC Attorneys offers technical expertise and assistance with:
- Wholesale liquor licenses (liquor may only be sold to licensed entities , liquor stores and the like);
- Special events liquor licences;
- Transfer of liquor licences;
- Annual renewals of liquor licences; and
- Applications for the appointment of Managers.
A major factor of the liquor licensing of a business is the zoning of the property where the business will be conducted. BLC Attorneys offers impeccable and extensive experience with the rezoning of a property or changing the specific use of a property (which is known as a Special Consent Application) depending on the Town Planning Scheme of the property. Special Consent could be required in order for a dwelling to be used as a restaurant, liquor store, etc.
Different types of zoning
The three basic categories of zoning are
- Business and
A residential area is a land use in which housing predominates, as opposed to industrial and commercial areas. Housing may vary significantly between, and through, residential areas. These include single-family housing ,multi-family residential, or mobile homes.
The division of a city or county by legislative regulations into areas (zones), specifying the uses allowable for the property in these areas. Although zoning regulations primarily affects the use to which commercial properties may be put, it is important for every type of business, and it’s especially critical to home- based businesses.
An industrial park (also known as industrial estate or trading estate) is an area zoned and planned for the purpose of industrial development. An industrial park can be thought of as a more “heavyweight” version of a business park or office park, which has offices and light industry, rather than heavy industry.